Important! – Baquacil® pools will not tolerate the introduction of other chemicals, the Power Ionizer or alternative sanitizing without first performing a complete conversion process.
To convert your Baquacil® sanitized pool to the Power Ionizer:
- Cease the addition of ALL Baquacil® type products to your pool.
- Do not add any chemical products to your pool for 48-72 hours and allow your filter system to circulate the water adequately.
- Adjust the pH to 6.8 to 7.0.
- Add 4 pounds of potassium Monopersulfate per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Filter continuously for 48 hours. Monitor filter pressure closely and backwash filter when necessary. NOTE: During this period, the water may form a clear, green jelly-like appearance or turn into a murky green with a tan precipitate. DO NOT PANIC! This is normal during the conversion process.
- Adjust your pH up to 7.2 to 7.6 and begin shocking the pool daily with 3 pounds of Lithium Hypochlorite per 10,000 gallons.
- Run the filter at least 12 hours a day and maintain pH at 7.2 to 7.6. Daily shocking may be required for 7 to 14 days to restore clear, blue color to the water.
- When the conversion is complete, re-balance the pH, alkalinity and calcium levels of your pool water.
- Once you have completed the above steps, please follow the “Getting Started” section.